June 29, 2018
SC Power Team has an opening for a Director of Site/Product Development. Please see the below company overview, job description, qualifications, and details to apply.
About SC Power Team:
SC Power Team was established in 1988 by the electric cooperatives and Santee Cooper to promote economic development in South Carolina. Over the last year the organization has evolved to be the economic development organization of the state’s 20 electric cooperatives. SC Power Team is dedicated to supporting its local and regional partners in promoting, attracting, and retaining business and new industry. The organization accomplishes this through community-focused initiatives, which place emphasis on competitiveness and community preparedness. In collaboration with its partners—Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. and the state’s 20 electric cooperatives—SC Power Team is able to offer several incentives to advance communities through Industrial Site and Product Development.
Position: Director of Site/Product Development
Reports to: Sr. VP Community Preparedness
Other Primary Stakeholders: President & CEO, VP Global Business
The Director of Site/Product Development shall be a creative, cooperative and well-rounded professional with a wealth of technical and industry knowledge who has a passion for industrial site development. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Community Preparedness, the Director of Site/Product Development will assist the SC Power Team, the 20 Electric Cooperatives and the communities they serve with enhancing and developing Industrial Sites, Parks and Buildings for the attraction, retention and expansion of Industrial Facilities.
The position requires technical training as a civil engineer and knowledge of site development regulations and construction practices. To be a successful Director of Site/Product Development, you should be knowledgeable, communicative, observant, organized, and committed to reaching the core mission of the SC Power Team, which is the creation of jobs, capital investment and electric load through economic development. A Director should also possess strong interpersonal, time management, and presentation skills to work well with other engineers and team members from diverse backgrounds to understand project goals, propose solutions, and assist in implementing, troubleshooting, and reviewing plans as Site/Product Development projects progress.
- Possess an in-depth working knowledge of industrial development and site engineering for economic development and industrial prospect recruitment;
- Maintain working knowledge and professional development of industrial site planning and conceptual design for site/product development;
- Respond to inquiries associated with industrial prospect activity as it relates to site and utility needs;
- Assist in site selection and electric territorial assignment for industrial prospect activity;
- Use of AutoCAD software to create detailed 2D or 3D layouts for complex industrial activity;
- Through the use of company owned drone, obtain drone photos and videography of industrial product for marketing use;
- Collaborate with Industrial Site Selection Consultants, Industrial Brokers and Industrial Developers to enhance the marketability of cooperative served industrial product;
- Collaborate with others to establish timelines as well as solve problems, while being responsive;
- Ability to analyze a situation and come up with creative solutions that solve problems;
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures;
- Assisting with the development of project strategies;
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings;
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings;
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members;
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project;
- Create a project management calendar (GANT chart) for fulfilling each goal and objective;
- Ensuring project deadlines are met;
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable;
- Ensure stakeholder expectations are managed towards the best solution;
- Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
The Director of Site/Product Development should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the engineering design and/or industrial development and construction fields. Licensed as a professional engineer is a plus.
Qualifications must include competency in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, AutoCAD software and ArcGIS, with exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Submit resumes along with salary expectations and any additional supporting information to Mr. James W. Frost, II, P.E. at email@example.com.